Step by step procedure of video processing
- When a consumer requests for a video then the requests are sent to the local CDN’s to get the requested video over the bulk.
- DRM digital rights management server sends media key for decryption to CDN’s.
- The media key received is used for decryption by cdn’s ready for playback.
- The video decrypted is sent back to the user for playback on the screen.
- The process of streaming continues till the viewer stops making a request.
Over-the-top (OTT) refers to the process of sending data over a high-speed Internet connection, instead of the content being shared by traditional distributors such as broadcasters, cable, and IPTV operators. Day by day the users for the respective platforms are increasing by understanding the advantages of this OTT platform.
What is the abbreviation of OTT? OTT stands for “over the top” is a platform that telecasts the regular and most-watched serials, movies over the internet. Today almost everyone affords smartphones and many of them have a smart TV at their home which is known as the destination for OTT platforms. To watch your favorite shows and movies just you need a device either a smartphone or smart tv’s that supports the OTT platform over the internet. OTT platforms work similarly to the VOD business model. VOD stands for video on demand which comprises three models followed by most of the platforms.
- SVOD stands for subscription video on demand
- This is a model that allows the users to access the movies and tv series that are included in the package they selected
- Users should pay monthly, annually, or daily fees to access the movies in their library
- Unsubscribe the present package or upgrade to the other packages after completion of a renewal period
- Allows automatic payment of fees from the mobile wallets if registered
- AVOD stands for advertising video on demand
- It allows users to access movies and tv series content watching with ads between the shows
- Ads earn hosting costs for the company
- TVOD stands for transactional video on demand
- It is a pay per view basis service
- User has to pay for every video they wish to watch for
- If it is a series then they should pay for the entire season
This is a combination of above-discussed models where the user will be allowed to access only a defined set of movies or series and need to pay for premium content. We have designed and built this platform with experienced and leading OTT professionals in such a way that you launch your channels hassle-free anytime through a click on any device.